Sustainable Buildings / Places
The Sustainable Building
|• Opened in 2012, the Crystal is one of the world’s most sustainable buildings with BREEAM Outstanding and LEED Platinum.
• Members of Crystal Associates were there from the start; as well as experiencing working in the Crystal, we were involved in monitoring its performance, advising the operations team on ways to improve energy efficiency and identifying new innovations to further increase its performance.
• We hosted countless building tours to building experts from around the world.
The Sustainable Venue
|• The Crystal has been one of the world’s most sustainable venues with over 20,000 professional visitors every year.
• The Crystal Associates team have hosted, participated in and spoken at Crystal events with organisations focused on sustainability such as GRESB, UKGBC, the China Green Building HK Council, Business Green, CIBSE, Sustainable City Awards and the London Business Climate Leaders.
• Topics discussed include sustainable buildings & transport and renewable energy for development projects from around the globe.
|• Launched in Sept 2018, the London Business Climate Leaders (LBCL) sees the Mayor of London working with 11 prominent businesses to help meet London's target to be zero carbon by 2050.
• Facilitated by global sustainability leaders: CDP, C40, The B Team and We Mean Business.
• A blueprint for global city-business collaboration on climate, focused on four areas: Clean Transport, Clean Energy, Waste & Circular Economy and Energy Efficient Buildings.
• Crystal Associates members were involved representing one of the 11 businesses.